What to Write in a Thinking of You Card
If someone is having a hard time for any reason, getting a Thinking of You card can make their day! Thoughtful, meaningful messages can make all the difference. However, sometimes coming up with the right words to console someone in their time of trouble can be difficult. You want your message to be heartfelt and specific to the situation.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of the best Thinking of You card messages. Because there are a variety of reasons to let someone know you’re thinking about them, we’ve divided our messages into 6 categories: to someone recovering, to someone grieving, to someone with the blues, to someone having a hard time at work, you're the best, and just checking in.
Each of these categories contains messages tailored to specific situations in which people need to know you’re thinking of them. Here’s our list:
To someone recovering
Being sick sucks! Sympathetic messages go a long way to brightening a sick person’s day. If you’re sending a digital card, you can include some fun get well GIFs with your message! Here are some messages that let someone who isn’t feeling well know you’re thinking of them:
GIPHY Studios Originals / GIPHY
- I hope you feel better soon! I know you've had a rough go lately, but hopefully, that ends soon!
- Please get lots of rest and take time to recover. Your health comes first.
- Know that you can lean on us whenever you need! We only want the best for you!! Hope you get better soon!
- Please let us know if you need anything at all. We'd love to be able to help you in some way. Take care.
- Wishing you a speedy recovery! You'll get through this. Stay strong.
- I hope things take a turn for the better soon. You deserve endless amounts of happiness and good health. We are here for you.
- My dear friend, I know these last few weeks have been so hard for you and your family. Please do not lose your courage. You are all going to get through things. Things will get better.
- I know this last little while has been so tough. Please tell me if you need to take time off. Your health is a priority.
- Rest up. Physically AND mentally. Sending positive thoughts your way.
- May your recovery be swift and complete! Hope you feel better soon!
- I'm sorry you’re not feeling great! Let me know if there’s anything I can do to make your life easier!
To someone grieving
Show support for someone who has lost a loved one isn’t easy. Here are some ways you can support someone who’s grieving. Let them know that your thoughts are with them and that they have your support.
- Thinking of you in your time of grief. Give me a call anytime you need to talk!
- I am deeply sorry for your loss! You are in my thoughts and prayers
- Your loss weighs heavily on my mind. Sending you my love and support in this challenging time for you and your family.
- I can’t imagine the grief you must be experiencing now. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help ease your burden.
- My thoughts are with you and your family in this time of sorrow.
- Know that I'm thinking of you during this time of grief. If there is anything that I can do to support you in the wake of this tragedy, don't hesitate to do so.
- Sending you my deepest condolences in this time of hardship!
- Sending thoughts and prayers your way! You always have my love and support.
- I love you, support you, and am always thinking of you. In this time of grief, know that I’m always in your corner!
- We are thinking of you at this time of tragedy. Words are inadequate to communicate how sorry we are for your loss. Know that you can call on us if you ever need our support in any way.
- I was so sorry to hear about your loss. Know that I’m thinking of you!
- Your tragic loss profoundly grieves me. Know that you are always in my thoughts and prayers!
- I am more sorry about your loss than I can say—May the knowledge that you are loved and supported blunt your pain in this time of sorrow.
- I offer you my condolences at this time of unimaginable grief for you and your loved ones. Know that you are loved, supported, and cherished by many, many people, including me. My door is always open to you!
- Get well, my friend! Take good care of yourself!
To someone with the blues
It doesn’t always take a catastrophic event to get someone down. Sometimes, life is just crummy! When someone has the blues, it helps them to know that they are cared about! Here are some messages for people that are feeling down:
- Hi friend! I’m sorry you’re going through a rough patch right now! Give me a call if you ever need to talk!
- Know that I’m always thinking about you! Let me know if you need anything!
- Hey! I’m thinking of you buddy! Stay strong!
- I know things are rough right now, but they’ll get better! Stick with it, and keep being the awesome person you are!
- I’m rooting for you, and I always will! You already know you can give me a call any time!
- Sending my thoughts and prayers your way, my friend!
- I’m sorry that life's getting you down right now. Hang in there!
- Sending my thoughts, love support, and good wishes your way, pal!
- I’m sorry that things aren’t working out for you at this time. I’m just a phone call away if you ever need to talk.
- I love you, my friend! Stay strong, and hang in there! I know that things will look up for you!
- I’m always in your corner, amigo! Just give me a call if you want to talk about what’s bugging you.
- Sending good thoughts your way, buddy! Love ya!
- I’m thinking of you, my friend! If you want, we can get together and talk. If not, know that you’re in my prayers, and I support you!
- You are in my thoughts! If there’s ever anything you need, call me!
- As hard as things are for you right now, I know you’ll overcome. You are strong, and I believe in you!
- Know that you can lean on me! Sending you my heartfelt love and encouragement!
To someone having a hard time at work
If one of your colleagues is struggling at work, let them know that you support them! Whether they are having trouble with the boss, or they are feeling overwhelmed by their workload, these messages will help them get through their rough patch:
- Hey! You’ve got this! Transitions are always rough, but you’ll find your stride soon enough. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to lighten your load!
- Keep doing the great work! I know you’re a little swamped right now, but we all appreciate what you are doing!
- You’re doing a great job! Know that I’ve got your back, and I’m rooting for you!
- I’m thinking of you, my friend! Things are rough right now, but they will get better! Trust me!
- Sending good vibes your way! You can do it! I know you can!
- Hang in there! We are all cheering you on!
- I know the transition to this job has not been as smooth as you anticipated. Don’t let it get you down! You are a terrific worker, and I know that you will carve out a place for yourself here! If you ever need to talk, hit me up!
- You’re doing great! I believe in you. If there is anything I can do to make your job easier, just let me know.
- Stay strong! You are doing fantastic work. Things may be a little rough right now, but your future at this company is bright!
- We are very pleased and impressed with the fantastic progress you have made since being hired here! We look forward to your continued success and advancement. If there is anything we can do to help you cope with your workload, let us know!
- Hey! I see you and appreciate you! Keep up the terrific work!
You’re the best!
Sometimes people need to be told that they’re special. Here are some Thinking of You card messages to let someone know how awesome they are!
Tony Awards / GIPHY
- Have I ever told you how great you are? Well, you are!
- Hey there, buddy! Thanks for being such an awesome friend and a great person!
- You’re the best around! Nothing’s gonna ever keep you down!
- You are intelligent, talented, kind, understanding, and thoughtful, and I know that you will succeed at whatever you put your mind to! Never forget that!
- You are special! Keep being the fantastic person you always have been!
- I can’t get over what a terrific person you are. Never change, my friend!
- In all the time I’ve known you, I’ve never known you to fail or give up on anything! You’ve got this!
- Hey! Guess what? You’re amazing!
- You are strong, resourceful, and capable of overcoming any difficulty that confronts you! You are the most unstoppable person I have ever met!
- You’re a star! I’m rooting for you!
- Do you know how amazing you are? You’re terrifically, awesomely, splendidly, fantastically amazing, in every way!
Just checking in
There doesn’t always have to be a reason to let your friends and family members know they’re in your thoughts. It’s just a great way to stay connected. Here are a few messages you can use if you're just checking in with someone.
- Hey there, friend! Just sending this card to let you know that I’m thinking of you!
- Hi! Just checking in to see how things are going for you!
- I’m thinking of you! Love you!
- Know that I’m always thinking of you!
- I thought I’d send you this note to let you know that I’m thinking of you!
- I was just thinking about all of the good times we had together! We should get together sometime!
- I miss you! Keep in touch!
- Let me know if you need anything, my friend! Know that I’m always here for you.
- You are never far from my thoughts! Sending my love
- Hi there! I have been thinking about you and how important you are to me! Our friendship is something very precious that I will always cherish! Keep being the person you were meant to be!
Those are our favorite thinking of you messages! The card you send the message in can be just as important as the message itself. That’s why you consider sending one of our virtual Thinking of You cards. You can customize your card’s design, and add GIFs, pictures, and Videos. They take just 4 simple steps to make!
Being supportive is a wonderful thing. People will remember your support and encouragement their whole lives. Make sure that what you say to people who are struggling is actually helpful. Here are some things to avoid saying. Hopefully you found some messages you liked and can use for your own Thinking of You card!