What to Write in a Housewarming Card
Our homes are important to us. They are where we make our fondest memories with our closest family and friends. It's no surprise that moving into a new home is an important event. Sending a card when someone you know moves into a new home is a thoughtful gesture. It shows you recognize the importance of the event.
Treat the note you write in this card with the same importance. It should be friendly and congratulatory—it doesn't have to be long or overly sentimental. To help you get the right message across, here are some tips for what to write in a housewarming card:
A new home is something worth celebrating. A message that expresses your excitement and heartfelt congratulations is a classic choice.
Outmatched | GIPHY
- Congratulations on your new home!
- Enjoy your new home!
- Sending you warmest congratulations on your new house.
- Wishing you the best in your new home!
- I'm so happy for you, and I know that you'll make many happy memories in your new home!
- May all your days be filled with sunshine in your new home.
- Wishing you all the best in your beautiful new home!
- A heartfelt congratulations on this new chapter and new home!
- I hope you enjoy your new home! Congratulations!
Wishes for a bright future
Write a note with wished for the future. Let your friend or family member know what you hope their new home will bring them.
CBC | GIPHY
- I hope all your days are filled with sunshine in your new home.
- Wishing you many happy years in your new home.
- I hope your new home is filled with joy and happy memories.
- Best wishes for many years of happiness in your new home!
- May the years ahead be filled with love and joy.
- Congratulations on your new home. We hope you enjoy many happy years here!
- May this house be filled with laughter and good times.
For loved ones near and far
You may not have the chance to see your loved one in person when they get a new home, but you can still send them a card. Better yet, sending a digital housewarming card means you don't need to worry about getting their new address or your card getting lost in the move. Send them a note that lets them know how excited you are to see the place soon.
Anchor Point | GIPHY
- I can't wait to visit your new home! Congratulations!
- I can't wait to see the house when it's filled with all your personal touches.
- I'm so looking forward to visiting this summer when the weather is nice!
- I'm so excited to see your new place.
- Can't wait to have a 3-month stay at your new house soon!
Important milestones like this can be spiritual. Send some prayers and blessings to show how much you care.
- Wishing you many blessed years in your new home.
- Sending you blessings for your new home. I pray you have many happy years in your new place.
- May your new home be blessed with love and happiness.
- You are in my prayers during this exciting time.
Hard earned success
For many, buying a home can be the result of overcoming incredible obstacles. Whether someone is moving after major changes in their personal life or is reaping the rewards of their struggles, let them know you understand.
Jackée Harry | GIPHY
- Congratulations on your new home. I know it will be the perfect place for your new beginning.
- I know it's been an uphill battle, but I am so happy you were able to find a new home. Congratulations.
- I know how much this means to you and it only makes me happier to wish you heartfelt congratulations!
- May your new home be the fresh start you have been looking for.
- Wishing you a brighter future ahead in your new home.
- I am in awe of your patience in finding the right place for you. I know this is and wish you all the best!
- I know you'll soon be able to turn this humble house into a home. Wishing you the best.
If you've seen photos or had the chance to visit the new home, it's a great idea to share compliments in your card. This can boost the excitement of your loved one about their new space and lets them know you appreciate the thoughtful details.
Stockton Mortgage | GIPHY
- Wow! I love what you've done with your new place.
- What a beautiful new home!
- Congratulations on such a beautiful home in such a great neighbourhood.
- You've made this house into a home! Congratulations.
- I love the personal touches you've put on your new home. Well done!
- Amazing work on your new home!
For first-time homeowners
First time buyers are a special type of homeowner. This is a major milestone in their life and should be celebrated accordingly. It's a great opportunity to add an extra special personal touch, like a small gift or a photo in your card. Plus, sending a virtual group card makes it easy to include photos from different loved ones.
Workaholics | GIPHY
- Your first home is a great achievement. Congratulations!
- We are so happy for you as you celebrate this important milestone.
- Congratulations on this new stage of your life!
- Congratulations on buying your first home.
- Welcome to homeownership!
- Buying your first home is an important milestone. Wishing you all the best!
A sense of humour
For the more lighthearted, write a message that will make them laugh.
Crandall Group | GIPHY
- Congratulations on the new place—hope all your furniture fits!
- Moving sucks—good luck! And congratulations!
- So happy you finally found a place to house your shoe collection!
- Congratulations on having to pay a mortgage for the next 25 years!
- Good luck on all the DIY projects in your future!
- Wishing you luck unpacking your new home!
Make sure it comes from the heart
Sending a housewarming card is a simple gesture that means a lot. Whether you are celebrating a new beginning or a fresh start, a small gesture of appreciation can make a world of difference.
In today's world, it has never been easier to send a housewarming card. A virtual group card means you can send a kind message to anyone, anywhere, without having to worry about their address.
Better yet, you can include messages form everyone they care about, so they truly know how much they are appreciated. We hope these messages are a great start for your next housewarming card. Whatever you write, make sure it comes from the heart!