What to Write in a Christmas Card to Your Dad
A beautiful holiday greeting is the best gift you can give your Dad! It will warm his heart and show him how much you mean to him. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite Christmas messages for dad. We’ve divided these messages into 3 categories: from the fam, sweet, and funny. Here’s our list!
From the Fam
If you have a family of your own, getting a message from all of you will make your Dads day! Be sure to include cute pics of all of you together. Here are some fun family Christmas photo ideas.
A Christmas Story Live / GIPHY
- Wishing a merry Christmas and a happy New Year to the best Dad and Grandpa in the world! OXOXO
- We wish you a very merry Christmas! Love you, Dad!
- Sending you hugs and kisses! Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
- Merry Christmas, Grandpa! We love you and wish you joy this wonderful holiday season!
- Sending you our warmest holiday greetings! May you be blessed and happy this holiday season, and may you always remember how much we love you!
- Merry Christmas, Dad! We hope you have a beautiful holiday!
- Happy holidays, Dad! We wish you the joy of the season, and send you a kiss from each of the grandkids!
- Wishing you a joyous Christmas and a prosperous New Year! We love you!
- We hope this Christmas is your most wonderful yet! Love you, Dad!
- Sending our love and best wishes for the holiday season!
- Merry Christmas! Thanks for being such a wonderful father and grandfather! We love you to pieces!
- We love you and wish you the merriest of Christmases and the best of New Years!
- Wishing you the happiest of holidays! We love you, Dad!
Dads do their best to make Christmas the most wonderful time of the year for their children! Say thank you to your Dad with a sweet, heartfelt holiday message.
Super Simple / GIPHY
- Sending my warmest holiday wishes to the best father in the whole wide world! Love you, pops!
- Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy new year, Dad! Thanks for being a wonderful father!
- Merry Christmas, Dad! Wishing you all the joy, peace, and prosperity in the world this holiday season! XOXO
- Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks for everything you did while we were growing up to make Christmas memorable for us! You are the best Dad anyone could ever ask for.
- Merry Christmas, Dad! Sending you warm holiday hugs!
- May your days be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white! Love you, Dad!
- Dear Dad: through your loving example and kindness, you have taught me the true meaning of Christmas! That means the world to me. I hope one day be half as good a father as you are. Love you!
- Love you, Dad! May your Christmas be merry and bright, and may all your Christmases be white!
- Merry Christmas, Dad! May you and mom have a wonderful Christmas together!
- ‘Tis the season to be jolly! You’ve always been good at being jolly! Have a merry Christmas, Daddy! Love ya!
- May this Christmas bring you joy and this New Year bring you prosperity! Love you, father!
- Sending you hugs and kisses, Dad! Have a joyous holiday!
- Merry Christmas, dad! You are my hero! Never forget that!
- As Christmas time draws near, I’m sending you some holiday cheer! Love, you dad!
- Happy holidays to the man who taught me how to love and give! You are the most unselfish person I know, and I am grateful that I had the good fortune to be your kid! Love you!
It’s no secret that Dads love to laugh! The sillier the joke, the better! If you’re sending a digital card, you can include a funny Christmas GIF or meme.
- Happy yuletide, Dad! For the sake of your back, it doesn’t snow this Christmas!
- Merry Christmas, Dad! You look more like Santa every year! Maybe lay off the milk and cookies a little bit.
- Have a merry Christmas, Dad! Don’t party too hard! Remember who you are!
- Not to dredge up the ghost of Christmas past, but do you remember that time you gave me actual coal on Christmas? Well, I do. No Christmas gift for you this year!
- Merry Christmas, Dad! Love you! Remember to check with Mom before you wear any of your Christmas sweaters in public.
- I still haven’t gotten over the fact that you lied to me about Santa. Every Christmas, I have to relive the trauma of having my world crumble to dust before my very eyes. Anyway, Merry Christmas!
- ‘Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the house…rang the sound of your snoring. I pity your spouse! Jk, Merry Christmas, Dad!
- Now that you don’t have any kids at home, you can finally have a good Christmas! Haha!
- Dad, I need to apologize to you. Now that I have kids, I realize how unpleasant it is to be woken up at 6 am on your “day off.” My bad!
- Merry Christmas Dad! Have fun Rockin’ around the Christmas tree!
- Merry Christmas to the guy who taught me how to fit a nine-foot Christmas tree into an 8-foot high room!
The Best Cards
The best holiday cards include a loving message and a beautiful design. If you haven’t decided what card you want to send, check out our digital Christmas cards. You can create a customized card in just a few moments. On top of that, unlike physical cards, our virtual cards last forever. That means your Dad can pull it up and enjoy it whenever he wants, from now until the sun burns out.
If you want to see more Christmas message ideas, check out this blog post. If you are struggling to think of what to buy your Dad for Christmas, here is a list of awesome gifts. Let us know which messages were your favorite, or if you have any ideas of your own! Have a very merry Christmas!